Teaching Positions for Upper Elementary Grades now open for 2015-2016 School Year - Click here for details.
Stephen L. Hester – Principal (Ext. 222)
Angie Phillips –Dean of Academics (Ext. 266)
Tina Morris – Office Manager (Ext. 256)
Donna Beaver – Receptionist (Ext. 0)
Harriett Tillett – Director of Student Services (Ext. 223)
Welcome from the Principal...
Welcome to Bethel Hill Charter School, a North Carolina Public School of Choice. We are a K-6 school featuring Saxon Phonics, Saxon Math, Common Core State Standards, and Core Knowledge Curriculums. Students are nurtured in a safe environment and excel academically in a small class setting.
The mission of Bethel Hill Charter School is to lay the foundation for individual excellence.
The vision of Bethel Hill Charter School is to work in partnership with staff, families and community to promote high academic standards and strong character. This is accomplished in a safe, positive, multicultural environment.
- Daily parental academic support is a priority for student success.
- Character, respect and a strong work ethic are critical to student success.
- Students learn best in a low teacher-student ratio.
- A balanced literacy approach is essential to student learning in all content areas.
- Broad and deep background knowledge, supported by the Core Knowledge curriculum, is significant to student success.
- Innovative strategies are essential in meeting the learning needs of individual
Coming Events - Please mark your calendar
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 Book Fair 8:00am - 3:30pm
Second Grade Field Trip 8:30am - 2:00pm
Fourth Grade Field Trip 9:15am - 2:00pm
Kindergarten Graduation - 6:00pm
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 Book Fair 8:00am - 3:30pm
First Grade Field Trip 8:45am - 2:00pm
Fifth/Sixth Grade Field Trip 9:00am - 2:00pm
Fifth Grade Celebration - 7:00pm
Thursday, May 28, 2015 Book Fair 8:00am - 1:00pm
Roman Day - 3rd Grade
Awards- 1st Grade 9:15am; 2nd Grade 10:30am
Early Release - 12:30pm
Sixth Grade Graduation - Auditorium 7:00pm
Friday, May 29, 2015 Book Fair 8:00am - 1:00pm
Awards - 3rd Grade 9:15am; 4th Grade 10:30 am
Last Day of School - Early Release 12:30pm
No After School Daycare
Thursday, June 18, 2015 BHCS Board Meeting
News and Announcements
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
TUESDAY, MAY 26 - FRIDAY, MAY 29
TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY
8:00am - 3:30pm
THURSDAY & FRIDAY
8:00am - 1:00pm
Coming Again to BHCS this Summer!
July 6 - July 10 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- For those registering two siblings, a $25 discount is valid all season long. Families with 3 or more siblings taking part in the program save $50 per child.