Stephen L. Hester – Principal (Ext. 222)
Angie Phillips –Dean of Academics (Ext. 266)
Tina Morris – Office Manager (Ext. 256)
Donna Beaver – Receptionist (Ext. 0)
Harriett Tillett – Director of Student Services (Ext. 223)
Welcome from the Principal...
Welcome to Bethel Hill Charter School, a North Carolina Public School of Choice. We are a K-6 school featuring Saxon Phonics, Saxon Math, Common Core State Standards, and Core Knowledge Curriculums. Students are nurtured in a safe environment and excel academically in a small class setting.
The mission of Bethel Hill Charter School is to lay the foundation for individual excellence.
The vision of Bethel Hill Charter School is to work in partnership with staff, families and community to promote high academic standards and strong character. This is accomplished in a safe, positive, multicultural environment.
- Daily parental academic support is a priority for student success.
- Character, respect and a strong work ethic are critical to student success.
- Students learn best in a low teacher-student ratio.
- A balanced literacy approach is essential to student learning in all content areas.
- Broad and deep background knowledge, supported by the Core Knowledge curriculum, is significant to student success.
- Innovative strategies are essential in meeting the learning needs of individual
Coming Events - Please mark your calendars!
Thursday, August 21 BHCS Board Meeting - 7:00pm
Tuesday, August 26 Test 3rd Grade (BOG)
Monday, September 1 Labor Day Holiday - No School
Tuesday, September 2 Fundraiser Orders Due
Friday, September 5 Grandparents Day - First Grade 10:00am
- Kindergarten 2:00pm
Monday, September 8 - Friday, September 12 MAP Testing Grades 3-6
Monday, September 15 - Friday, September 19 MAP Testing Grades K-2
Thursday, September 18 BHCS Board Meeting - 7:00pm
Tuesday, September 23 End of First Grading Period
PTO Program Grades 5&6 - 7:00pm
Tuesday, September 26 Fall Pictures
Monday, September 29 - Thursday, October 2 - Book Fair Week
News and Announcements
New! Calendar of Monthly Events for the Year!
2014-2015 Calendar of Events is now available under the Calendar's tab on side menu.
Use this calendar to plan for school events for the year!